Indian bowler asked for a superover from captain, gave the team the victory by giving only 7 runs, then said - I knew either I will become a hero or a zero.

Indian bowler asked for a superover from captain

The opening time of this year's Indian Premier League season was very difficult for Delhi Capitals spinner Axar Patel. He became infected with the Corona virus just before the tournament began. Due to this, they could not be a part of the team in the first four matches. And when he returned, the most difficult test was in front of the cricket field. Actually, Akshar Patel played his first match of the 14th season of the IPL through a match against Sunrisers Hyderabad in Chennai. Interestingly, the match ended on a tie. And the matter reached the superover. This super over was thrown by Akshar Patel and played a key role in the team's victory by giving only 7 runs. Now Akshar Patel himself has told many interesting things about this superover.

In this match, both teams could score only 159 runs. After this, the matter reached a superover. Axar Patel said, the spinners were getting help from the pitch. I felt that Ashwin or I would be asked to throw a superover, but I saw that the team management is gathered around Avesh Khan. When I asked Steve Smith, he told that Avesh Khan will do a superover. I was convinced that in these circumstances I can do better. Then I went to captain Rishabh Pant and said that I can throw a superover without giving too much runs. Pant spoke to coach Ricky Ponting, who left the final decision on the captain.

Beats were accelerated for a few moments

In a conversation with India TV, Akshar Patel said, "I knew that I would either become a hero by throwing a superover or be a zero." For a few moments my heartbeat also intensified. But I believed in myself and I was mentally strong. He told about the situation while battling the corona virus, many things were going on in my mind. I was in good form and suddenly I was hit by Corona again. I was worried about whether the corona would affect my body and bowling. But after getting into the field, I found that I was bowling in a good rhythm.

Post a Comment

0 Comments